Dave, Jed and I have been busy just having a fairly normal life this past little while, reading stories, singing songs, playing fun little games and just hanging out. Jed has had a little cough and a bad stuffy nose, so we suck him out pretty often, which he hates. He just upgraded to the larger size of cloth diaper covers, too, and we're still adjusting--he's had MAJOR leakage today and is currently on his 5th outfit of the day (although the night is still young)! Argh.

On Friday night, Jed was SO stuffy, so we put some Vicks vapor rub on a burp cloth and put it in the crib near him. (I'm paranoid about the Vicks being too strong for his little skin) I guess we had the cloth a little close to his head, because when Dave got Jed out of the crib on Saturday morning, his hair was all spikey and stiff with Vicks. If you look above his ear, you can see his Vicks spikes. We have washed his hair so many times and he still smells like Vicks!

Also on Saturday morning, after we discovered the Vicks hair, Dave was dressing Jed and this is what I came in to find. Poor Dave looks like he needs more sleep.

My cute boys taking naps on Saturday afternoon.

It has been a long-standing joke since Jed was born that he has two "antennas" since Dave's youngest sister is named Hannah and my sister is named Hanna. If you say Aunt Hanna/h just right, it sounds like antenna, so...

Jed is getting much better about grabbing what he wants when he can see it. Here he is Sunday afternoon with his yellow dog (on loan from his uncle Matthew) that he grabbed himself!

Playing Scrabble with Pompa. Jed wasn't too into Scrabble, but he did like having Pompa hold him, even if Pompa did think he was a girl! It's not really Pompa's fault--six new great-grandchildren in 4 months would boggle anyone's mind.

I know I already put one picture of this on here, but I just love the way he looks--so comfortable. Don't you wish you slept that well?

On Friday night, Jed was SO stuffy, so we put some Vicks vapor rub on a burp cloth and put it in the crib near him. (I'm paranoid about the Vicks being too strong for his little skin) I guess we had the cloth a little close to his head, because when Dave got Jed out of the crib on Saturday morning, his hair was all spikey and stiff with Vicks. If you look above his ear, you can see his Vicks spikes. We have washed his hair so many times and he still smells like Vicks!
Also on Saturday morning, after we discovered the Vicks hair, Dave was dressing Jed and this is what I came in to find. Poor Dave looks like he needs more sleep.
My cute boys taking naps on Saturday afternoon.
It has been a long-standing joke since Jed was born that he has two "antennas" since Dave's youngest sister is named Hannah and my sister is named Hanna. If you say Aunt Hanna/h just right, it sounds like antenna, so...
Jed is getting much better about grabbing what he wants when he can see it. Here he is Sunday afternoon with his yellow dog (on loan from his uncle Matthew) that he grabbed himself!
Playing Scrabble with Pompa. Jed wasn't too into Scrabble, but he did like having Pompa hold him, even if Pompa did think he was a girl! It's not really Pompa's fault--six new great-grandchildren in 4 months would boggle anyone's mind.
I know I already put one picture of this on here, but I just love the way he looks--so comfortable. Don't you wish you slept that well?
Here's Dave and Jed just a few minutes ago--reading Calvin and Hobbes. I am not really sure I want Jed learning how to be a boy from Calvin! But he loves the black and white--you should see how excited he gets while they read together!
Jed is growing so fast and is such a joy to watch. He's been struggling with the time change--haven't we all?--but he's such a good, sweet happy boy and I love him so much! I admit, sometimes I get a bit frustrated because I don't accomplish as much as I used to before he was born or because I can't take a 15 minute shower any more, but I love being Jed's mom, especially when he gives me a huge grin when I get him out of bed in the morning, or when we giggle while he's getting his diaper changed. Life is so wonderful!
Jed is growing so fast and is such a joy to watch. He's been struggling with the time change--haven't we all?--but he's such a good, sweet happy boy and I love him so much! I admit, sometimes I get a bit frustrated because I don't accomplish as much as I used to before he was born or because I can't take a 15 minute shower any more, but I love being Jed's mom, especially when he gives me a huge grin when I get him out of bed in the morning, or when we giggle while he's getting his diaper changed. Life is so wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment