Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hoot Hat

I haven't posted any craftiness lately, mostly because I haven't been doing too much. But now that my canning is all finished and the nights are longer, I am more productive. I recently finished a project that I've been working on--off and on--for a couple of months. I found this project when I was browsing on the Spud and Chloe website. I don't know how to knit (yet), so when I found the original for this project, I immediately set out to make up a crochet version. (Please click the link--you'll love this hat!) I love owls so much, so this hat was a perfect project for me. After several mistakes and unravelings, here is the finished product:

I still need to sew some pupils for the eyes, but I haven't done that yet. And here's Jed, modeling his new hat and sweater.







Hopefully the fall weather has inspired you to make something cozy, too! Or maybe just to pull on a snuggly hat of your own. Whatever you do, enjoy it and stay warm!

No comments: