Friday, May 21, 2010

fun in the yard

We have been enjoying our yard so much lately. Our grass is green and gorgeous (through nothing we've done) and we seem to have a handle on the fire ants. We haven't had to water too much, thanks to some crazy rain storms. It's been really nice.

Monday night was one of the crazy storms; I heard on the radio the next day that we'd received 2.5 inches in 2 hours! It's hard to tell but those white dots in the picture are rain drops from the eave of our house.
This guy decided to get out of the wet and he hung out with us on the back porch while we watched the rain.
*
Jed's shorts decided to head south this afternoon.

After we were done swimming but before Jed got his diaper on, he escaped and decided to help out with the on-going projects!
*
Here's our yard today

I am so pleased with our garden! It grows every day, especially our corn and squash. And we have a lot of little tomatoes on our cherry tomato plant. Yay!
*
When we got here, we found a lot of plants in our yard that we couldn't identify. It has been fun to discover what they are. We have a pear tree, azaleas, lilies and, my favorite, gardenias. The gardenias have just started blooming and they are so gorgeous.





My lame photography skills totally don't do them justice. Also, since you can't smell them, you're missing the best part. But let me assure you, they smell amazing!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm jealous. It's still too cold here to plant my garden (although my strawberries and raspberries from last year are starting to grow and I should plant peas soon). My grass is green though. I have hyacinths and a few daffodils blooming and that is it. Keep posting the beautiful pics! And Jed is adorable!