Dave tells me all the Mexican food I make is the same. Hmm, thanks. Anyway, in an effort to shake up our "boring" south-of-the-border fare, I tried a new recipe I found in a magazine. The first time I made them, our friends Bo and Deana Smith were over for dinner and we all approved unanimously. Enjoy!
Chicken – Corn – Pepper Quesadillas
1-2 chicken breasts
fajita or taco seasoning
lime
½ -1 bell pepper, any color
¼ purple onion or 1 green onion
½ cup frozen corn
8 corn or flour tortillas*
cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, shake fajita or taco seasoning onto chicken and turn to coat; squeeze lime juice onto chicken. Let chicken marinate for at least 1 hour. Cube pepper, onion and mince garlic; set aside. After chicken has marinated, heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken and garlic. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Add pepper, onion and corn to chicken and cook until pepper is as soft as you like it. Spoon filling onto 4 tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and top with remaining tortillas. Cook tortillas on griddle until each side is browned. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.
*if using uncooked tortillas, cook one tortilla on both sides. Set aside. Cook 2nd tortilla on one side, turn, spoon in filling and cheese and top with cooked tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas. This is more work but definitely worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment