
Today Jed discovered electricity for himself. Up until now, we haven't been believers in those outlet covers, mostly because I can't get them off either, so they only make me frustrated. Jed hasn't really shown much interest in poking things into outlets until today, anyway, so I wasn't concerned.
But.
In an effort to help him sleep longer in the mornings, I pulled out a small fan and put it in his room yesterday hoping it would provide needed white noise to block out distractions. It worked great during naptime, allowing him to sleep for 2 1/2 hours! But Jed is really interested in this fan and the distraction gets frustrating during diaper changes, story time and the like. So I unplug it.
I never knew Jed was watching me so closely while I plug and unplug the fan, but I guess he has been. This morning after he got dressed, while I was making breakfast, he wandered back into his room and tried to plug in his beloved fan.
Sparks flew, the breaker flipped and Jed was astounded. Thankfully, he wasn't electrocuted (his hair is curly enough) and the outlet seems fine.
Before you call CPS on me, please know my first errand of the day is to go buy some of those annoying plugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment