Sunday, August 22, 2010

20 months already?

How did Jed get to be this old? He really isn't a baby any longer and I love and hate it at the same time. I love that he understands and can follow instructions (when he's in the mood). I love that he can feed himself (mostly) and give himself drinks. I love that he can better communicate needs and wants. I hate that he's not my tiny boy, content to snuggle and depend on me for every thing. I hate that our wills and desires clash. I hate that he's determined to talk on my phone more than I do. Little boy, you are not allowed to get any bigger.

Jed dearly loves his Petey dog and his Brown Bear. One of them has to come with us everywhere. Jed also loves various blankies and usually one of them tags along too. Jed likes to have many blankies and animals in bed with him at night and he reminds us of a beaver or a packrat--he builds himself a giant nest and burrows down in the nest, usually with his face completely covered, and when we check on him before we go to bed, Dave and I have to extricate him so he doesn't smother in the night.

I love how Petey got the best of him this particular night.
*
Jed loves his daddy, wants to be just like him and has to be with him everywhere when Dave is home. Jed knows where Dave's tools are and often I will find him with a screwdriver or a rasp, poking things and talking to himself. In the following video, Dave and Jed were pulling dying things out of the garden and getting it ready for our fall planting (I love that we get to do that here):
(yeah, I was not planning for Jed to go outside. That explains the WHITE SHIRT and GOOD SHORTS)
* * *
One of the perks of living in Texas? the almost year-round growing season. One of the pains of living in Texas? the varied wildlife we find in our house at any given time. We have seen several of these little guys and we all love them.
I love them more once they're outside again.

1 comment:

Tara said...

what are you guys planting this fall? I want to do some fall planting but really don't know anything about it...