First up, here's the blanket I made to use up the leftovers of the yarn used to make Jed's blanket. But then it wasn't quite big enough, so I had to buy more yarn... It was definitely an "If you give a mouse a cookie" sort of project. I love the way the huge granny square turned out.
And since I didn't want it square (and had more yarn) I attached the baby squares on either end. I'm having a hard time choosing my favorite combination:
This blanket doesn't get as much use as I wish it did since we don't need a blanket to snuggle in on the couch any more, but I love it and I'm beginning to get a hankering to make another.
Next, here's a project I started a YEAR AGO. I'm really embarrassed that it took me this long to get them done, but hopefully you'll see why. I wanted to make pillow covers for our big couch pillows and I wanted to embroider them. Since I love circles and polka-dots and had a lot of colors to match, I decided to do circles of all sizes on one pillow and french knots on the other, sort-of like this.
The circles were easy and I had them done in no time.
BUT... oh, those french knots. I dutifully sewed millions of french knots in Dillon, in Montpelier, at all of our relatives' homes, on the road, anywhere and everywhere. I went through an embarrassing amount of embroidery floss. And then, one day last month, I was done!
They were a lot of work, but I think they turned out really well.
Because I want to be able to take the covers off and wash them, I decided to finish them with button closures. I found these buttons in Dillon and love them.
2 comments:
They look amazing! I'm so proud of you for finishing. My issue is starting projects and not finishing. I wish we could get together and crochet again!
Beautiful! i would post pictures of that sad little pillow project i started the day you came over, but um, not so cute. maybe you can start picking out fabrics, yarns and projects or me so that my time is not wasted on sub-par products.
anyway. i'm glad you finished the french knots! way to go! and i love the blanket. the colors and pattern are just lovely.
thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment