Yesterday afternoon, dinner was in the oven and Jed and I were reading stories. The kittens usually come and snuggle with us (or fight with each other) during story time, so when they didn't show up after the first book, Jed and I wondered. After we finished all our stories, Dash and Dot were still missing. We went outside and searched in all of their favorite haunts, then looked in all the usual hiding places inside. When we didn't find them anywhere, I got a little worried. This is right about when our other kitten, Pip, went missing, and I didn't want us to be that family--the one that can't keep a pet.
Finally, we found them in the one place I never guessed they'd be:
all snuggled up with Brown Bear in Jed's bed!
"hey, we were having a really good nap!"
They have decided that Jed's bed is the place to be and spent most of today, snuggled up in Jed's blankets. Jed isn't sure what to think about this. This afternoon I had to take Brown Bear and the favorite blankie out of the crib so Jed could have them and the kitties couldn't. He left them another, less-beloved blankie, though. Generous Jed!
1 comment:
so sweet :D
Post a Comment