Sunday, December 5, 2010

Family Pictures

While we were at my Grandma Donna's funeral, some of us took the opportunity to have family pictures taken. It was pretty cold and windy, as you can tell.

Jed had been on such a crazy sleep schedule, I was happy to have him keep his tractor in the pictures if it kept a smile on his face.

The Morgan/Scherbel family. I love what Jed's doing with his nose!

My Aunt Kim, Aunt Karen and Mom

Despite the cold, the little kids had a great time playing together. Jed thought his cousin Elyan was the coolest and loved playing with him.

Hanna is dating a boy named Steven. We like to tease her--just a little--about him. She spent most of the weekend texting him and absently saying "Oh, yep," to you when you spoke to her. Love you Hanna!

Hanna and I--such goofy sisters!

One of my uncle Mike's boys, Elyan, Heather and Jed running together. Thank goodness they could run around, or picture-taking would have been really awful!

My mom and dad--don't they look great? Remarkably well-preserved.

Heather and Jed. Heather is my cousin Breanne's daughter and she was born about 2 months before Jed. Heather talks so well! She called Jed "my buddy" and the whole time they were together, they couldn't decided if they wanted to play together or fight over each other's toys. It was really funny to see them run around and hear Heather call "my buddy, my buddy!" and Jed run from her.

My uncle Mike, aunts Kim and Karen and my mom
*
I should explain about my mom's side of the family, for those who don't know. When my Papa and Grandma Donna married, they each had children from previous marriages. Papa had four children--my aunt Kim, my mom, my aunt Karen and uncle Mike. Grandma Donna had five children--my aunt Carol, uncle Bob, uncle David, Aunt Loretta and uncle Randy. The same summer that Papa and Grandma Donna married, my aunts Kim and Carol also got married. The next summer, when my mom and dad got married, Grandma Donna, Kim and Carol were all pregnant! Papa and Grandma Donna also had another son two years before Hanna was born. So altogether in the Shepherd/Meek family, there's 11 children, a multitude of grandchildren of all ages, and now a growing quantity of great-grand children. It is such a fun family!!

I love this picture so much. I love how adorable Jed looks, and how sweet Marshall/Mitchell (I can't tell them apart, despite the knowledge that one's hair comes down more over his forehead and one has a tiny mole on the bridge of his nose) was to hold onto Jed so he didn't run away. I love that Elyas is so intent on whoever is taking the picture, and that Elyan looks exactly like my cousin Meredith (his mom). I love that Devyn is cheesing it and Mikaela is trying desperately to hold onto Heather. Mostly, I love that the greater part of these kids are actually great-grandchildren. How our family is growing!

No comments: