Despite the reason we ended up going to Colorado, I was so excited to be there. I love all of my family so much and had been pretty disappointed that we weren't going to see any of them for the holidays. I was thrilled to be able to see so many of my relatives! My dad's parents--the Morgans--live in one small town in the San Luis Valley in Colorado and my mom's parents--the Shepherds--live in another one, and all the family that lives in Utah, Idaho and elsewhere had come to be together.
We spent the Wednesday preceeding Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day with my Morgan grandparents. It was so nice to be at their house where the comfortable same-ness wraps you in its arms and you can just relax. My favorite part of these two days were, of course, the FOOD! My Grandma Janet is the best cook around and her Thanksgiving rolls and pies (not to mention everything else) are to die for. SO good! Right up there with the food, though, was getting to see Jed with so many of the cousins.
Jaxon is my cousin, born 7 months before Jed was. They are such cute little friends.
Hanna and Maggie!
Curt is my uncle with Downs' Syndrome. He has put up with a lot of shenanigans from us kids through the years, messing up his toys and getting into his magazines. Jed thought Curt was pretty cool and wanted to play with him all the time.
Hanna and Sydnie are the oldest girl cousins now (somehow, I feel I'm an "adult" since I'm married, and therefore don't count as a cousin...not sure what that's about)and are so good to play with all the kiddos.
a little snugglin' time
Jax and Jed had a good time playing together, even if they did have some sharing issues every now and then!
No comments:
Post a Comment