Friday, December 24, 2010

Today

Today is Christmas Eve Day, a day I love. I love the chance to savor my anticipation of Christmas just a little longer, to think about the presents I've made or bought for the people I love most, and to hope they'll love their presents too! Today we stayed home and did whatever we wanted. It was great.

We had a leisurely breakfast. Jed must've slept great, because his hair was awesome!

We made a gingerbread house! Actually, we made it out of homemade graham crackers that Dave shaped before we baked them. Dave was the contractor and Jed and I designed the exterior.





I thought it turned out so cute. We had to hide it before we ate dinner, so Jed would actually eat dinner. We followed a Scherbel fam tradition and had mexican food. It was so delicious!

We hung out and watched some Christmas movies. Jed refused to take a nap--instead, he played with his shape sorter, read stories and dove out of his crib head-first trying to get to more books. The sobbing pretty much ended the nap.

Our house after Santa has come. It looks so pretty all clean and quiet--but I am excited for the mayhem tomorrow will bring.
*
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: