My grandma Janet's neighbor used to make the most wonderful, thick crocheted potholders. My Aunt Paula bravely deconstructed one and figured out how Lara made them, and we've all been making them since. It's complicated to explain, but it's two thicknesses of crochet done at the same time. It makes for wonderfully thick, heat-resistant potholders that stand up to anything.
I just love them. I have probably 15 currently in circulation, with more Sugar'nCream cotton yarn always waiting in the wings, should I need a new one (or 3).
You can't see the texture very well in this picture, but I like to crochet the potholders loosely because it makes them more pliable and soft. I think this particular combination of dark and light purple is my favorite.
Next up, the tablecloth and napkins. I have had these two fabrics in my stash for years--I bought them when I was a freshman in Rexburg. I knew they would be perfect for something those many years ago when I bought them, and I'm so glad to be right!
I just measured out how big the tablecloth and napkins needed to be, then mitred the corners according to Martha's directions (thank you, Fabric Crafts!). This was probably the easiest corner sewing I have ever done, and I will never use another technique. Perfect corners, every time.
I also embroidered Stephen and Hanna's initials on the napkins, just for fun.
It was so fun sewing things for Hanna and Stephen. I am so happy they found each other and are married now!
1 comment:
You are so talented. What a special gift for them.
Post a Comment