On Friday I was out running some errands and found something that I think has great possibilities of being a play-toolbench for Jed, since he loves Dave's tools so very much. It was free, just hanging out on the side of the road, so I man-handled it into the Rodeo and drove away smugly. I have wanted to build Jed a play kitchen for a looooong time (and crochet him lots of pretend food), but I'm realizing that he wouldn't have very much fun with it and mostly I would play with it instead. So the toolbench seems like a better option.
Dave and I haven't had a chance to work on it at all, but Jed is already having fun poking screws into little holes, pounding nails into crevices and using the hacksaw on any available surface.
He loves to climb inside and poke his screws and nails into all sorts of places.
Friday night he climbed inside, shut the doors and told us "good night." I really think he expected us to just turn off the light and leave him there, and he cried when we made him get out and get ready for his real bed.
Saturday, Jed was watching an episode of Max and Ruby wherein Ruby makes a cake. Jed turned to me and said "Make cake! Make cake now! Make pink cake!" So we got ready and made a cake, just like Ruby.
Since we were being like Max and Ruby, we had to have aprons. Jed thought his apron was so funny and he wore it for most of the morning.
Thank goodness he had his hair cut or he really would have looked like a girl!
Later on Saturday, Dave was trying to take a nap on the floor. Jed snuggled up with him and took one too.
Jed "snores" any time he's pretending to sleep:
He certainly can snore with the best of them--just like all his Grandpas!
1 comment:
I started a blog documenting all my 'school' attempts with my boys. It's nothing great, but I do have some links to some great blogs and websites that have great ideas: http://childrenheritage.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment