Our next Valentine's Day craft we made on Valentine's Day. I had seen it on Pinterest and thought it looked easy and fun to try.
We took empty toilet paper rolls and folded them into heart shapes (they were a little more like lips, truthfully), poured different colors of paint on to paper plates and dipped the tp rolls into the paint, then stamped away on a large sheet of paper.
I really enjoyed it. Jed stamped for a while and then (as he usually does) started finger painting. I think he really enjoyed seeing the hearts appear, though. We each made two pictures and it took us about half an hour. Lots of fun and little mess--my kind of art project! We used the finished product as place mats for our Valentine's Day dinner. And then we hung them on our art wall with our other projects. I am loving how festive we are!
I really liked how these turned out. I am thinking about buying a large white canvas and using a non-squished tp roll to create some cheap art for my downstairs bathroom. Do you think it would look like "modern art" or would it be really dorky?
No comments:
Post a Comment