My parents came for a nice long visit over Easter. We had such a great time outdoors when the weather allowed, and inside when it didn't. Jed especially loved having Nana and Papah to talk to and snuggle with. I am grateful my parents could come and spend so much time with us and that my dad was willing to sacrifice his spring break for us. I didn't get very many pictures, especially of our Easter festivities, because I wanted to focus on just enjoying them. We really did have a great time.
I have so much fun watching my dad interact with my sons. My dad is so great! I am glad that my boys have a chance to get to know him and learn from him.
Jed and Papah read stories together pretty often during their visit. This actually surprised me, because Jed is incredibly picky about who gets to read to him. But several times I found or overheard them reading together. I have so many memories of my dad like this--asleep with a book open--growing up. My dad worked LONG hours on the football field but was always willing to read to me when he would come home. Sometimes I would even wait up for him so we could read just a little bit of Swiss Family Robinson, The Boxcar Children series, or many others. He would start out strong and then get a little slower and a little drowsier and then slower and s l o w e r...until he would nod off and I would say "Dad?" And then he would say "sorry, Holly, I just had to rest my eyes for a second." Jed didn't mind that Papah fell asleep--it gave him a chance to play with the normally-off-limits reading glasses!Some kind members of our branch made a little Easter basket for the boys, and this little wind-up chick was inside. Hank especially loved it and would get SO excited when Papah wound it up and made it hop around.
We were sad when Sunday rolled around and Nana and Papah had to leave. But we had a great 10 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment