Friday, May 10, 2013

mister Jed

Again, kind of a photo dump. Jed has gone from hating to have his picture taken to begging to be in pictures--and take them--so we have lots! It's a good thing.
 One day at Goodwill, we happened upon a treasure trove of sea creatures. Goodwill receives merchandise from Target that doesn't sell there and brings it here so we can buy it. This little undersea collection was just sitting there waiting for us and Jed was thrilled. It had a "mama" and a "baby" of several kinds of whales and sharks, plus a turtle, an octopus, and lots of coral. Jed loves to take the various mamas and babies places. He loved the killer whales especially...and of course, tragedy struck. He left the baby killer whale at the post office and although we searched frantically, it was lost forever. Thank goodness for this picture so we can remember the good times.
 Jed LOVES to dance around naked. Many times I will send him upstairs to dress himself and I will hear all sorts of crazy bangs and go up to find him dancing in his underwear.
 More sharks! These are larger and didn't come in the set from Goodwill. On the right is the "mean shark" that we got from someone in our branch (whose mouth is just the right size for eating some small fish we have). On the left is Harold the Hammerhead Shark, who Jed earned by remembering to use 'please,' 'thank you,' and various other kind words. Each time he used a word without being prompted, he got a sticker, and after 50 stickers, Harold was his. I have been really pleased that after Jed earned Harold, he has remembered to use please and thank you much more often.
 Another dance session, this time with undies on his head. Sorry it's blurry--I couldn't get him to truly hold still!
 Here's Jed in his T-ball shirt.
 Dave told him to pretend like he was catching the ball. That mitt is still huge for his hand, but he knows how to put it on and has gotten better every time about trying to use it.
 Here he is running back and forth to make Hank laugh before we headed to Stake Conference.
 Hank love Jed, and most of the time, Jed loves Hank. I think Hank was marveling at how big Jed is here. I was too--I looked at him on Saturday and it felt like overnight he had turned from my little boy to a BIG boy.
I love this picture--his cute poking-out ears and enormous grin. I love this boy!
 Jed and Harold again. We were having a "picnic" on our front porch when he got home from preschool.
 Here is Jed enjoying our hotel room last weekend. Both Dave and I had stake training meetings on Saturday and then wanted to stay for the Adult session. We found an awesome babysitter near the stake center and she (and her siblings) played with the boys for almost 6 hours while Dave and I attended our meetings. Since we knew we would be done late and there were more church meetings on Sunday, we had planned on getting a hotel and making things easier on ourselves. Jed was SO EXCITED all week long to stay in the hotel. He loves hotels with all his heart. We have stayed in a LOT of hotels with Jed and he is quite the connoisseur.
 Dave and Jed enjoying the pool Saturday night. Apparently the water was pretty cold. Jed had so much fun in these goggles!
 Sunday after church we checked out of the hotel and were walking to the car. We were all carrying lots of bags and Jed carried this one full of diapers. I guess he got tired of carrying it on his arm, so he put it around his neck. It went on easily but then refused to come off!
Jed kept wailing "help me, mommy! Help me, daddy!" and I was laughing too hard and trying not to drop Hank to be of any use. Finally we had to put down all of our other stuff so we could extract Jed from the clutches of the bag. He then drug it the rest of the way to the car.

We are so glad to have Jed in our family! He is doing so well in school and I have to say again how glad I am that we went ahead and sent him. He has made so many, many positive changes and is doing so well. I love my Jedder!

No comments: