Last week, Dave had Tuesday and Wednesday off since he had to work the holiday weekend. We got lots of work done on Tuesday and Wednesday we went grocery shopping. I either try to leave the boys home with Dave or bring Dave shopping with the boys to help wrangle them, because otherwise I forget things I need to buy or forget to use coupons I had planned on because I am too TOO distracted. I know Dave doesn't love going shopping with us, but I try not to do it too often, and usually we are able to have a good time. Wednesday was no exception.
We went to West Branch, which is about an hour west of here (go figure) because there is a Home Depot there. There is also an outlet mall, and as we were driving by, Jed remembered the last time we had been there (after Christmas) and asked to stop and play in the "bat car." We were so pleased with his great memory that we did just that.
Jed is a pretty crazy driver!
Hank waiting his turn in the bat car
Jed didn't want to get out of the car and didn't want Hank to ride with him, so Hank sat on the back tail fin and seemed to enjoy itAnd then he rode on the front! I am not sure which was his favorite.
After the "bat car" we went to WalMart. It was a loooong shopping trip but we got everything we needed and even managed for Dave to get his blood pressure checked. I am not sure how accurate the reading was. The boys were good in WalMart; Jed helped me pick out all the fruit and veggies we needed and Hank took a great nap in the backpack. As we were checking out, Jed took his quarter to get a gum-ball and a mean little kid stole it from him! Dave went to see what the problem was, and when he took Jed and the other boy to the kid's mom and explained what had happened, the lady fished the gum-ball out of her son's mouth and tried to give it to Jed. Dave said "I think your kid could spare a quarter to buy my son a clean gum-ball." The mother grudgingly gave Jed a quarter, but she totally acted like it was Jed's fault the gum-ball had been stolen. Some people!
After WalMart we went to Home Depot for a few plant starts, a new set of blinds and a small storage "shed." The boys loved riding in the orange cart and Hank thought he was such a big boy riding by Jed! It was a LOOOOONG day but a necessary one and I was relieved to get most of my big shopping done for quite a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment