Yesterday was Dave's 30th birthday! He told me he didn't want it to be a "big deal," but I had a hard time resisting the urge to do at least something. So we had a little backyard party with some of our friends in the branch, and they had a little donut party for him at work.
I don't know how people manage to throw a party and take pictures of everything all set up cutely beforehand. I am always too busy doing last-minute things and talking with people to get good pictures of the food, plus it seems awkward to say "everybody stand back, I want to take a picture of this gorgeous spread for my blog!" So this is the best photo of the food table and background I have. We invited our friends Steve & Sue and our friend Julie and her kids, Jake and Morgan. Jed and Jake, despite the 10 years between then, are great friends, and Morgan is so good with Hank. We love our friends and are so glad they could come party with us!
For dinner we had grilled teriyaki chicken, corn on the cob, salad and watermelon. Everything was so yummy, if I do say so myself. Hank got to try some watermelon, too.
He LOVED it!
I have been trying to get some pictures of the boys together. This is the best I could do yesterday.
For dessert we had rhubarb cobbler and ice cream. It was so windy that we had to do candles inside, but we enjoyed eating outside and playing in the yard after we ate. Thanks again to all our friends who came. And thanks Dave for turning 30 so we could have a little party! I have pretty much the best husband in the world and he is a BIG DEAL to me, so I was glad to have a good excuse to celebrate him!
1 comment:
You can tell how much Hank loved that watermelon! I am having a hard time getting my 10 month old to eat solids. He is super picky and mostly will only eat bread and crackers. :( How fun that you threw a party for your husband's 30th!
Post a Comment