Hank is 11 months old now! He is getting to be such a big boy with a darling personality. He loves Jed; reading books, especially those with animals or texture; eating, especially CHEESE; jumping in his crib after a nap; being carried; the beach; and exploring things--like the fridge.
"Oh, don't worry. I was just picking out some yogurt for lunch, mama."
Hank is such a water baby. He loves to play in the toilet, the bath tub, the swimming pools and especially the beach. I am glad that our pool has such tall sides so that he can't accidentally fall in (for now).
Several weeks ago, a cat was abandoned by his owners in our neighborhood. He is a pretty nice cat and a few of us in the neighborhood are trying to take care of him without actually owning him, taking turns feeding him and watering him and giving him a flea collar. Soon we are going to have to get him neutered... Anyway, the boys love to play with him. Hank is especially fascinated with Boots, as we have started calling the cat. The other morning they were playing so sweetly by the fence.
Hank kept trying to pet him through the fence and Boots would pat his hands with his paws.
Boots is a funny cat with beautiful markings. As long as he doesn't poop in our garden or claw up my boys, he is welcome to stay around--provided we get his burgeoning manhood taken care of soon.
Hank is definitely a daredevil. He loves to try to climb the stairs, both up and down, and has fallen down a time or two (only one stair--I'm not that neglectful). He is definitely more confident in his body than I remember Jed being at this age. Hank seems to feel that if he wants to do something, he can--which fills me with joy and terror at the same time. I have visions of him leaping off trees, riding his bike off scary jumps...all the things that a boy does to make his mama wrinkly and gray before her time. I love this boy dearly and am so excited to watch him continue growing!
No comments:
Post a Comment