Our garden is really taking off now. I am so pleased with how well it's doing that I have to show it off a little bit.
This is the side nearest our shed. We have 2 roma tomato plants, 2 zucchini plants, 2 green bell pepper plants, a cherry tomato plant and several mystery tomato plants growing here. This is the other side, near the street. We have the peppers and some of the tomatoes we started from seeds growing in pots because we ran out of room for all of them. We also have 2 yellow squash plants, a jalapeno pepper plant, a red and a yellow bell pepper plant, 2 cucumber plants, a yellow pear tomato plant and an heirloom Cherokee tomato plant growing here.
They have gotten SO enormous. The tomatoes are taller than our bikes.
I am so proud of how well our little garden is doing! We have already harvested a squash, a bell pepper and about 8 cucumbers. Jed's favorite thing is to look for cucumbers after our bike ride each morning, put the ones we pick in the fridge, and then eat cucumber slices for lunch. All of our tomato plants are doing so well--now we just have to wait for them to ripen. I LOVE having such a great garden!
No comments:
Post a Comment