What a fun Easter weekend we had! We do all our Easter preparations on Friday so that the Easter Bunny can visit us on Saturday morning. That leaves more time and mental space for focusing on the reason for celebrating Easter in the first place--the Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
After playing out in the yard bright and early (which you saw yesterday), we went inside to do a little Easter craft. I don't have any step by step photos of making our little Easter Chicks, so you'll just have to imagine the fracas. Jed did so good cutting out his chick and folding the legs, but when it came time to assemble everything, he wanted me to trim up his chick so it would be smooth, and he wanted my help folding new legs so they would be "zig-zaggy" instead of "roundy." Hank tried to eat the beak of the chick several times and he enjoyed blowing the feathers off the table repeatedly.
Funny brothers showing off their Easter Chicks
Darling, darling Easter chicks! I don't know why I can't get this picture to turn... anyway, Jed's is the top chick and Hank's is the bottom. I love the adorable placement of Jed's eyes and beak. Oh, my heart!
Friday night after dinner, we colored eggs. The boys were enthralled as I measured out the vinegar, added the tablets and then added the water. Jed and I had a good little discussion about Jesus on the cross as I poured the vinegar--as he was sniffing the vinegar in the cup, a drop got onto his lip and he accidentally licked it. YUCK! He seemed especially sorrowful for Jesus after that.
Hank thought the different colors were juice and tried to sample them about 6 times. Once I brought out the eggs, we were off to the races--literally! It was all I could do to keep Hank from putting every single egg in the dye baths.
We had a good, quick time--all 18 eggs were dyed in about 10 minutes.
I would love to have a picture in which both of my sons are smiling and/or looking at the camera at the same time. For now, I'll just have to enjoy these gems. What a fun time we had!
1 comment:
fun! I especially love the chicken crafts. We didn't even dye eggs this year - I had no energy. Maybe next year!
Post a Comment