Monday, April 28, 2014

Jed's first lost tooth

Jed was watching enjoying some apples for a snack while watching tv on thursday afternoon. His bottom front teeth have been a bit wiggly lately, and one of them kept getting bent backwards by the apples. It was really bugging Jed--so he just pulled out the tooth!
I was so surprised by his reaction. He came to me nonchalantly and said "mommy, my tooth is out. I put it by the tv." He went in the bathroom and looked at himself for a while and then said "where is my new tooth?" We have been telling him that teeth get wiggly and fall out, but new teeth grow in behind them, just like sharks. I guess Jed just assumed that the new tooth would just magically appear!

He was delighted with the quarter the tooth fairy left behind, and has been thinking of all sorts of things to spend it on. What a big boy!

1 comment:

carolee said...

I love that he was so calm about it. That's awesome! My 7 year old is still waiting to loser her first tooth. I don't think calm will be the word I'm using to describe it. ;)