Sorry, I didn't mean to abandon you mid-trip! Since I am now on the MOPS leadership team, I am much busier than I used to be. It is a good sort of busy, but it means that I don't get to blog as often as I'd like.
We journeyed home from Moab and got to my parents' house on Sunday afternoon. It was an odd Sunday because there was no church there due to the Ogden Temple dedication. We got to the house, cleaned up and did laundry and rested a bit, then had a fun weenie roast outside.
We had a great time just relaxing outside and enjoying our last few hours together. My parents took lots of pictures on their phones so they could see the boys all the time. It is so hard to live so far away!
The next morning, we left for the airport around 7 am. We snuggled up for one last picture before we left.
The boys had a great time watching the ground crew work on the plane before we left. The airport was ridiculously busy--there was a HUGE crop of missionaries going out, and there were tons of Monday morning commuters. Our plane was completely full. We were really lucky to get Dave on the same flight with the rest of us, and then a really nice lady offered to switch seats with him so he was just across the aisle from us. And then he switched seats with me so I could read in peace for a little while!
Jed was entranced with the screens on the back of the seats and we all enjoyed the Delta safety video. Honestly, it was actually funny. The flight from SLC to Detroit was pretty long, but we were well-prepared with snacks. Had we not left in such a hurry, I would have downloaded some movies on to the iTouch, but now we know for next time. All in all it was a good flight. We landed in Detroit with about 15 minutes until our next flight, so we boarded the tram and then raced across the small terminal and made it with about 5 minutes to spare for a potty break. The plane was tiny--two seats on one side and one on the other. Dave was clear in the back and the boys and I were near the middle. Dave and Jed had a nice nap and Hank and I read stories for the 15 minutes we were in the air.
Hooray, back at our favorite tiny Midland airport! We went out for a quick dinner and then made it home around 9 pm. All was safe and sound and we were glad to be home together.
No comments:
Post a Comment